Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's a Girl!


Okay, I guess it's about time I pulled myself out of the cave, and posted a blog entry on the new baby! She was born October 3rd, so it's already been 2 weeks! Well, 2 weeks goes by quickly when you are dealing with 3 kids now! Yikes!

Anyway, things went well that fateful Wednesday night. I knew things were off to a good start when I was having contractions during the evening that were only lasting 30 seconds, and were 10 minutes apart. Called Grandma (Mummi for those of you who are Finnish), and send the kids off. I was waving goodbye at 8:15 when hubby came back from his Karate class. Called the midwives, and told them to hussle. Last time I called them and they only had 1/2 hour before the baby arrived - they almost didn't make it last time. This time they had a good 2 hours to set up and get ready. I even called my hubby's best friend and our down-the-street neighbour who has wanted to see a birth since baby #1, five years ago.

So, midwives and hubby, and neighbour and 2 midwifery students all packed into my small/med bedroom ready to deliver. Hubby was great - he kept me focused, and made sure that my back wasn't killing me the whole time. I had some brutal contractions, and I'm really glad I was at home, cuz then those meds that are so tempting at this point are just not available - and out of temptations path!

So, long story short.... I got on the bed and delivered the baby at 10:30pm. She was just perfect. I didn't know if she would be a girl or a boy, so I was happily surprised when hubby piped up and said - "It's a girl!" I could just hear the smile on his face. It would have been good if was a boy too... he was just happy the baby was finally here!

Mia was 8pounds 10oz, 21 inches long and just perfect. We had a bit of trouble with breastfeeding, and we ended up in the hospital for 2 days on the IV while her hydration came back up, but I'll leave that story for another day.

Instead... here are some cute baby pics! :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 24 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, Rell!

I had to laugh... Neighbor-Boy showed up?? I thought maybe he'd chicken out... What did he think? You'll have to let me know the details on that one... LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home