Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Monday, August 13, 2007

If only I thought of this back then.

My niece took off to the UK today, and I worry.

I know, it's odd, but I do worry. You see, her mom, my sister, died about 4 years ago, and I'm her godmother. So, I worry. The kid is now 20, but still I wonder. She's smart, bright, and talkative with anyone, but the idea of her going overseas bugs me.

No, not really the overseas bit, more like the idea that she will be away from home for a year. See, the kid got smart somewhere and is going to school near Amsterdam for 1 semester and then running across the world to Sydney, Australia for her second semester. Crazy kid.

I wish I would have thought of doing that back then in university. But, back then I thought that world traveling was for when I got into my 30's. Nobody told me that the 20's was the time to do it - I'd be too busy with kids in my 30's. Argh! I really envy her. She's doing what she wants to do. But, all the same, I worry. She's visiting a friend in the UK first for 5 days, then heading to her school. I would be going crazy right about now if I was her. But, in regular fashion, I haven't heard from her yet. She'll check in with us in probably about a week. Yeah, that's when she'll realize that she's had a lot of fun, but nobody knows if she is alive or dead. So, I've left a message with the guy she is visiting in the UK to let me know that she is okay. I gotta have my spies! :)

Anyway, until then, I'll be worrying. I can't wait until she gets set up in her living quarters at school - then I know that she will stay put and start to organize her life. Then, maybe then, I'll receive word on how things are going.

Miss ya kid.
Rella

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home