Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Friday, October 26, 2007

Look at them... jugs!

Wow, time is flying by with this kid. Life is good, things are finally getting into some kind of groove. Granted, I see 3am in that groove, but that's okay too, cuz I sometimes nap between 10am-12. I kinda wonder how far I'm actually going to get with this breastfeeding stuff. Baby #1 got as far as 3 months with major anxiety, baby #2 got 6 months, now I'm wondering if baby #3 will get more than 1 month??? Yeast infections are a pain, and once you have them they seem to come back fairly easily. That's what was our problem in week #2.... and guess what is back! ARGH!

I've been going bra-less for awhile now, in hopes of keeping the yeast away from my breasts, but I'm thinking that it hasn't made much of a difference. The girls are starting to hurt again, and I wonder if it's from ... umm.. lack of support.. ahem.. or the infection coming back. Pain in the nipple! Really! And to top it all off, there are other locations that are seeing yeast infections as well, and the itching is driving me nuts! Well, back to the other meds I guess. My Lactation consultant/Nurse Practitioner is gone for the weekend, but she left me with a pill I can take in case the infection comes back, so I guess I'm back to that.

Plus, in order to help more milk come in, I'm starting with this SNS - Supplementary Nursing System. Oh joy, another thing I have to wash, sterilize, etc, and hope it doesn't get contaminated with yeast. If I didn't believe so heavily in breastfeeding, I wonder how long I would last at this! But, I really want to at least get 2 months in, so I guess I'm in it for awhile then - lets just hope that the feeding gets better, and maybe, just maybe the milk will come in more. You'd figure with these jugs they would hold more than your average milk jug! :)

Anyway, hope all is going well with your life... if anyone is out there!

Rella

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 31 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things should be fine as long as your idiot husband does not mix the formula with a 4:1, instead of 1:1, powder to water ratio again.

Hubby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home