Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

God, I have it good...

Do you ever have one of those days, where you think, "God, I have it good.."? Unfortunately it usually comes at a time when you are listening to the trials and tribulations of someone else. Well, this is what I was thinking about today as a family friend (I haven't chatted with lately) and I, went for a walk. She was telling me about how crazy her current relationship is (6.5 years)! Scary in some places. I just kept wondering, "why didn't you get out earlier? So, now, she has opened her eyes, and is getting out. She is also telling me that she is about to join the ranks of the devoutly celibate and single.

Ma-s-a-a-n, I wouldn't want to be a person out there looking anymore. Mostly for fear of grabbin' onto the wrong kind of people. (Sorry Kris Starr, I feel for ya!) I mean, it must be hard to go out there and put yourself out for "display". Some people have got it easy. My friend is just gorgeous and fit like crazy - so she's already playing "googly eyes" with the opposite sex at the Gym. ARgh! So much for single... it won't be long!

But all in all it makes me think that I'm pretty lucky. I have a hubby who I'm very happy with (most days :) ) Kids that are by and large pretty good, and finances tha, well, despite being lacking in some places, are keeping us afloat.

I wouldn't have stayed in that relationship for 6 years! Ack! She was really telling me some emotional horror stories. And, to top it all off, she has to stay there for at least a few more months. "Girlfriend get out now!" I say! Finances can be fixed and saved up later, mental health is worth it!

Why is it that you can't see the garbage until you have gone through it! For her sake I hope that she gets out with at least her sanity intact!

Well, that's it for me. I just keep shaking my head.
Hey Kris, give me a shout. Hope your trip was a good one!
To everyone else... see you on the flip side!

Rella

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home