Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

My attitude adjustment

Oops, didn't realize it had been so long since I last posted. Guess time got away from me. Oh well. Today's thought.... attitude adjustment.

Have you ever noticed that you start your day on a good note, and then one small thing happens, maybe not even that significant, and your whole day starts to go downhill. Maybe you ran into someone who was in a bad mood, and that bad mood just rubs off on you. Maybe it was an expectation not met. Either way, that little thing contributes to a day that wasn't so great.

Well, today that's what happened to me. Nothing major, not even significant, but it started my day off on the wrong foot. I had an expectation this morning from my trainer, and it wasn't met. Nothing big, just a chance to chat with someone that was an "outsider". That expectation was not met, due to an injury, and my day just wasn't right. I noticed myself starting to get into a grump. But then the realization hit - why let that one thing ruin my day? Why let a small fraction of my day swing the rest into turmoil? So, I tried to change my attitude.

Man, it's hard to turn your attitude when you've started down a path. Things just kept wanting to turn bad, but I refused to give in. It's like fighting the invisible dragon, you just gotta do it, or it WILL eat you up. Finally, finally FINALLY my day turned for the better, and so did I. Can you imagine if the world was a place where people attempted to change their attitudes for the better, despite someone else's bad day? I mean, we all have our bad days, but maybe they started out good, but one thing changed it.

I know, I keep harping on the same issue, but it's a big realization for me. And it's something I want to pass along - changing your attitude is merely something you do, not something that is done *to* you.

Hmmm... makes me think of my current struggle with finding myself. I've made a decision to find the real me. To change my attitude towards how I eat, how I spend my free time, to how I view myself in my world. It's not easy, but it can be done. At least, that's the premise I'm working on.

The world may feel like crap some days, but that doesn't mean I have to be the one to pass it along.

Just my thought for the day.

Keep smiling,
Rella

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 16 March, 2006, Blogger Kris Starr said...

FYI, I've tagged you. Aren't you lucky?!? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home