Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Happy Birthday... but...

Gak, It's here. It's my birthday. Today is both good and bad... You see, I love having birthdays, but on the other hand, well... I think too much. I think about if someone is planning something, I think about what I would like (usually wayyy to late to give significant people ideas in advance), and I think about my sister.

My sister was 13 years older than I. She was great! I say WAS, because my sister passed away 3 years ago, 2 days before my birthday. So, a birthday doesn't come without thinking of her. My mother probably has a hard time with it too, since everyone was coming over for my birthday when the police showed up at my door, and told us what happened. So, it's a happy day for me, but sad as well.

Why are happy days often surrounded by sad? My hubby's birthday is on the same day that my father was found deceased in his home, AND the same day my hubby's father was found in his home. Both of us have sad occasions around our birthdays. So, what are you supposed to do? I want to feel happy on my day, but I can't stop thinking of my sister. But, at least they are happy thoughts.

My sister was:
a hairdresser (sometimes mine, definately fixed my own mistakes - orange hair!)
a contractor (always inspecting our house work - thanks sis)
but most importantly she looked out for me, and wasn't afraid to tell me that I was going wrong. At the time I hated it, but now I know that she was only looking out for me.

So, here's to me and her. Have one on me!

Rella

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home