Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Pain and the evil smiling woman

My knees ache... and I mean ACHE! I worked out again this morning. Somehow 5:30AM wasn't so bad this morning. Bad, but not really bad. I was in this aerobics class that included regular aerobics, step and yoga ball with weights. God, I ache. The instructor just worked us like crazy. I felt like a fool at times, but at least I was trying. The two older gentlemen in the class were there, making me feel better at least! :) If they could try, so could I!

I thought I hated aerobics. Turns out, yep, I do... but only when it's on a tape I can stop. There is nothing you can do in a class but stop and stand at the back. I was not willing to do that, so I stuck it out... and well... I'm going to go again. When Aerobics is on tape, you know you can just turn those cheery smiling faces off with the click of a button. Those women who seem to bounce in all the right places, and not in the others. Those smiling and all too happy people barely sweating while we bust our buns. There is no sympathy in their smiling faces. No understanding during the last few moves where you totally lost track. At least in a class the woman at the front (although still too cheery and toned up) can have pity on that woman goofing up the moves, and can tone things down for you. And maybe, just maybe, there are a few others in the class that are goofing up their moves as well. And, it just doesn't make you feel so bad!

Well, I'm off to do weights tomorrow morning. Ack. I'll see my trainer again. I'll let you know how it goes.

Until then... ciao
Rella

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 07 March, 2006, Blogger Kris Starr said...

I know you liked it (and really, it does sound great) but seriously, watch your knees. The last thing you want to do is blow out your knees at your young whippersnapper age.

< mom mode OFF >

;)

ps. and YES, I'm going to finish the work now. Honest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home