Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Government Red *?!$*%* Tape

Can someone please explain to me the reason for red tape? Argh! It's drives me nuts! After having a new baby there are so many forms and sheets of paper to fill out, that it drives me nuts! Now, I received the Notice of Birth Registration, NOW I have to apply for a Birth Certificate!!! Can't that be an automatic thing? I mean, your child is born, registered, and *tah-dah* you get a Birth Certificate! Noooo, it has to be more labour intensive than that! And not to mention paying for each step! And, did I menation that my daughter is now 9 months old, and only NOW did I receive the Notice of Birth Registration!!! Come on... 9 months to process it, and really it's just a sheet saying that it's been done, and by the way, you may want to get a birth certificate too!

ARGH!

So, now I do the dance and apply for a Birth Certificate. Thankfully it was done online. They also have a money-back guarantee to have it to you in 15 days! Well, at least someone has woken up in that government building!

Sorry, just a bit annoyed. Other than that little pain in the but, things are going well. Played my squash - almost got my but kicked! (not yet Kris!) and had a yummy lunch! Typical - I ran around so much today helping others or generally looking after kids that I have NO CLUE as to what to have for dinner!! Aaahh! No time to defrost, so I'll either have to make something simple - or do takeout!

Well hope your dinner is better than mine!
Rella

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 23 March, 2006, Blogger Kris Starr said...

Ah, bureaucracy... gotta loathe it!
Whaddaya gonna do??

Sorry I can't help you with supper -- we had leftovers. (Which were actually pretty good.)

I'm now embroiled in the "lets find some sweet snack/dessert ideas that aren't made with chemicals (can we say Aspartame, anyone??) or aren't a zillion calories"... *sigh* Can I help it if I've got a sweet tooth??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home