Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Friday, April 21, 2006

houses....dates & good 'ol mom

I have emerged... err.. victorious? Okay, so Mt. Washmore is washed, now it's Mt. Fold-me! Argh..

I've been hoping, okay wishing for a new house. I just cleaned out the basement this morning, and YUCK! Granted, if I want to sell, I'll have to clean this place up like crazy! But, I could handle that, if only I knew that I would be moving to something bigger and better.

Okay, this topic will just get me annoyed. Change of pace.

I'm looking forward to a date-night soon. Have to start searching the movies and see if there is anything interesting playing. I have no clue. I remember one summer going to the movies nearly every week! Now, it's more like every 2 months. Oh well, guess that's just me.

Speaking of me... my trainer said something to me today that kinda irked me. He asked me if I had anything special planned, or if it was going to be the regular 'Mom' stuff. I kinda took offense after thinking about it. I don't feel at all like a mom of 2. Don't feel like someone who is responsible for other lives. Don't feel like "just a mom". I want to go out and party, and dance, and drink. That's not something that moms do, right? I mean, my own mother never did.

I have some real brain wrapping to do. I've never known a "Canadian mother" before. Most parents I knew growning up were immigrant parents, kinda. Nobody that was knowledgable of what was going on with technology... or movies or anything. (thus, I got away with a lot). So, who can I look up to as a model.... nobody... I'm a woman without a mentor. Oh well. Guess that just means that I'll eventually end up being someone else's.

Enough blabbering out of me.
Rella.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, 23 April, 2006, Blogger Kris Starr said...

He actually said that?!?

Wow. That would irk me, too. Being a mom does not equal frumpy, boring and antisocial.

We can party with the best of them! Perhaps not as often as those just a tad...younger...but we can still certainly kick ass if the situation warrants.

What needs to happen now is to bump into Mr. Personal Trainer some night when we're all dolled up and out for the evening. I'd bet he'd change his tune pretty damned quick. *g*

 
At Sunday, 23 April, 2006, Blogger Rella said...

Oh, I don't think that he really meant it that way, more like, "just hanging out...?" but still.

I have a sneaking suspicion (boy, I can't spell) that he isn't much of a party animal himself. So, chances of meeting him at a party are pretty slim probably. Who knows. But I think that he would change his mind rather quickly!

Rella

 

Post a Comment

<< Home