Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Personal Trainers are gold

Okay, so I love having a personal trainer. Today, I felt pushed... and I mean PUSHED! I worked my ass off! I felt exhausted after it was all over, and maybe needed a cigarette. ;) haa haa. No, really, it felt really good! No cigs, ever... again!

But what I mean is that every now and then you hear about Ms. Starlet who is hanging out with her personal trainer... or how Oprah's personal trainer was "just hanging out" at her place one day, blah, blah, blah... How can they help but become a friend of yours. Really, this person sees you at your "worst". Mine sees me first thing in the morning when I haven't even looked in the mirror long enough to see anything but a blur. Okay, I fixed my hair, and brushed my teeth, but that's about it. They see you, no makeup, no pretty hair (frankly what's the point when you are just dying to have a shower afterwards). They push you, and see you sweating up a storm! Then, as you run on the crosstrainer or the treadmill they chat it up. Really, this person has seen you at your err.. "esthetically" worst, and still stuck around. So, maybe the money makes them stay, but they still stay.

After working up a storm, and sweating like a pig, you walk to cool down, or whatever. How can you not chat it up. Then, slowly day after day, you get to know this person (or at least what they let you see), and you begin to divulge your personal life. Okay, so I haven't, but I can really see how this works.

So, to any personal trainers out there... is it a job hazard or what? Are you constantly handing out advice, and listening to the troubles of others, like so many bartenders? Or, do you just turn it off, and hope it goes away.

Really, I can understand. Now I know why Oprah's trainer is her good friend. He's seen her with the makeup off, told her what to do, where to go, and gotten paid for it. Who wouldn't be her friend?

Just my 2 cents. Now, when's my next training session?

Rella

1 Comments:

At Friday, 25 November, 2011, Anonymous Personal Trainer Ratings said...

Your column absolutely helped me to accept this. It has abundant capacity and yet it is accessible to understand.That's what i was attractive for. I will absolutely allotment it with others.Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home