Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Noticed... in a good way???

Again, something else that I was hoping for has happened. I was at the gym the other day, and a total (older gentleman) stranger came over to me while I was doing a cool down stretch. He says that I've really come a long way since I started coming to the gym (10 months ago). I thanked him and said that yes, despite not feeling well last week, I came back and started working out again. He again said that I had come a really long way.

Hmm.. So, that begs the question - has he been watching me? Has he been pondering my situation? Has he wondered when he would say things to me... or, is it just a wierd, spur of the moment thing?

Who knows. But, at least someone has noticed.

It was a feel-good kind of day.

Hope all is well in your part of the world. Things are peachy keen here. Nothing exciting, just good. I'm bogged down with research to do for setting up a new website, and I have a shit-load of stuff to learn to have said-website transferred over to a new host.

Oy. But, good.

Rella

Labels:

5 Comments:

At Monday, 22 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well!

You didn't tell me this news, chica!

Of course, I haven't really talked to you for a few days, so that doesn't help.

Is this someone I'd recognize, or is he only there at the butt-crack of dawn?

Inquiring minds want to know...!

 
At Monday, 22 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come round to the blog.

There's some news . . .

Oh, and congrats on having that hot edible new bod.

 
At Tuesday, 23 January, 2007, Blogger Dean said...

I don't think he's necessarily been watching you... I notice people that I see at the gym regularly. He probably just wanted to say something nice.

It's hard, sometimes, being a man, because you can't say things like that without running the risk of people thinking that you're getting all stalkerish on their ass.

 
At Tuesday, 23 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am adding another $0.02 CDN...

I totally agree with the second part of Dean's comment -- the way society is now makes it nigh impossible to compliment a stranger without the recipient wondering if there's some sort of creepy ulterior motive.

Which is a shame, because I think everyone's lives would be made a little better by knowing that (generic) YOU do make a difference in some way.

It's like the woman I saw in the change room at the gym (story being repeated here for Rella's reader's benefit :) ).

She was wearing a lovely tank-style dress that suited her so wonderfully -- the color was great, the fit was perfect for her figure. In short, she looked stunning. And I thought about it after -- that maybe I should have said something to her. But I was stopped by the thought that perhaps a compliment from a stranger wouldn't be accepted as readily as I was willing to give it. Yanno? So I didn't say anything.

Right thing to do? Wrong thing to do? I don't know. Maybe I should blog about this topic one of these days, too...

 
At Thursday, 25 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many people don't take compliments well. Compliments from strangers are often seen as the best since they cannot benefit from it in any way. Even so, the complimentees either respond with something like "your biased" or they try to question why the compliment was given. Too much is read into the compliment -- kind of like how I could ask Kris why she did not like the first half of Dean's comment. Sarcasm is used too often to obfuscate the truth and now compliments are no longer believed. This only contributes to lower self esteem which the compliment was supposed to boost.

Or perhaps, people assume that everyone is sarcastic to protect themselves from being labelled naïve. What ever happened to simply accepting the compliment in a humble manner with just a "thank you"?

Rella's Hubby

 

Post a Comment

<< Home