Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Sunday, December 10, 2006

New Year's Party... home or out?

It's that time of year again. Time to figure out what the heck to do for New Year's Eve. House party, or go out? Family event, or no kids allowed? Drink till ya fall over, or stay sober?

I dunno... too many choices. This year I think hubby and I are throwing a party at home. A few friends, food, and kids. Yep... we are leaving the sitter out of the situation... I often wonder how our friends who don't have kids will react, but really, they can react by not coming. Kids are a fact of life, sometimes unfortunately, but generally for the good! :) Maybe next year we'll ditch the kids but I think this year, we're going to keep it simple. Granted, that doesn't mean I'm not gonna get dressed up (a little), and heavily research the best drinks to serve, but generally... it will be a quiet night. I'm going to see at least one friend who has been away, and I really don't want to chat while yelling at the top of my lungs. Really.

I know.. I'm rambling... but, that's life.

3 Comments:

At Monday, 11 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still debating on bringing the kidlet. We'll see.

Just out of curiosity, do you have mistletoe? :D

No, no reason at all... why do you ask??

Hehehehe.

 
At Monday, 11 December, 2006, Blogger Rella said...

Yes, but no. We call it the kissing ball... it's hung up at the doorway to the living room.

hehe... taken advantage of that myself already. :)

 
At Tuesday, 12 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*makes note to self re: kissing ball*

I think I've pretty much decided no kidlet. Just makes things easier all around.

Funny, I've gone from not being ready for Christmas, to wanting it over and done! Oh, the irony... :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home