Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

All hail the pink and red hearts, and that 4 letter "L" word

So, what do you say to someone that has jumped into the dating world - "um... good luck?" or maybe, "Don't tell them too much." or, "Don't judge them all by the same stick as the idiots that aren't literate?". Hmm, I'm just at a loss. But, I am glad that Kris has joined the dating world and all. Well, she hasn't actually hit a date, but yanno, it will arrive sooner or later.

On the idea of dating, I turned the page on the calendar this morning, only to find a note scrawled onto the second saturday of the month. "Busy in the evening". You see, hubby and I live and die by the calendar. If it isn't on the calendar, it probably won't happen - or tough for you if someone booked a second outing that night. If you don't write it down, it doesn't exist. So, having said that, I can understand "busy in the evening" as scrawled by my hubby. It's more than likely our Valentine outing bumped up a few nights. And, that's just fine by me. I mean, really, how many guys actually make plans and/or reservations before the month of February actually arrives? Perfect for the weekend, when I don't have to worry about a babysitter's hours. That takes planning, and some sort of memory or reminder on the computer anyway. May be the many times I complained that we did nothing that night, that has been etched into his brain?

I mean, really our anniversary often goes by unnoticed until a few days later, but Valentine's Day is kinda hard not to notice. What, with all the red hearts and cupids and stuff eminating from the malls. You'd have to be blind. These companies put away the Christmas stuff and just replace it with Valentine hearts and chocolates. What do you mean we can't have a few days rest between celebrations? Gosh! This is the time of year that I always dreaded in school. Those days that you would just hide your head and feel all the stupid valentines, singing gorilla-grams, or just general stupidity wash past you. At least until you had a SO, but those days were few and far between. Sue me, I just couldn't find a decent guy until much later.

What will be doing on the actual Valentine's Day? Probably nothing. Probably just sitting around, putting the kids to bed, maybe watching a movie/tv show and trying not to fall asleep. I know, such party animals. That's what the weekend is for.

Rella

1 Comments:

At Friday, 02 February, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I plan to rent stupid chick flicks and eat chocolate.

What??

At least I'm being proactive and putting together a plan... If things should change, well, all the better. But I'm not holding my breath. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home