Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Friday, June 15, 2007

Someone, give me a million!

Just a little million dollars... then I can go hide out and not worry about life.

Do you ever have one of those days where you just say WTF??? I think that I'm currently experiencing one that is lasting 2 days. I am saying WTF to my current employer. At this point in my life I'm married, 2 kids, 1 on the way, and I figure that I'm mature enough to take on the responsibility of both a part time job and a family. But that all gets shot to hell when I'm expected to take on the responsibility of others because they can't seem to manage life.

I'll probably end up deleting this, for fear of my employer finding this (she is also a good friend), but right now I need to get this off my chest. I work in a shop where there are 3 workers. Boss and 2 employees. I pretty much cover 2-3 days a week, boss - the same, and the 3rd person kinda throws in an evening and a weekend here and there. Works well really. Now, 3rd person can't work as often as possible, and Boss is having to shuffle shifts my way - because she "just can't be here". I love it, she has had this company for a little over a year, and hasn't figured out that when you are a business owner - ususally you are here every day! She puts in 2-3 days a week and a Saturday shift a month. ARGH! Then, she gives me shit when I can't cover a shift. I'm not helping out like the others are. BULLSH!T! I cover her ass all the time! I'm here when her kids are sick. I change my whole schedule for her when she has conflicts at her daycare. I'm here whenever she wants me to be, and NOW she tells me that I'm not helping out. WTF??

Case in point. 3rd employee has 2 Saturday shifts this month, but now says that she can't do them both because hubby is working both Saturdays. (he has a new full time job). So, instead of hiring someone new after NOBODY can take the shifts (- or taking one herself) She is looking at me, and wondering why I can't take the shifts. I'm not "doing anything". I'm sorry if I want a weekend to myself where I can work on my backyard in order to keep it up so I can sell my house next year. Every weekend I have been helping someone else, or working at the store, so SH!T if I can't have a weekend to myself. I've done enough double Saturday shifts that I'm sick of it! I did my time, now find someone else to do it!

I'm even taking a damn machine home with me during my Maternity Leave (yes, I'm taking the whole year) because nobody wants to learn the machine, and I'm the only one who knows how to work it.

Damn

I feel that when I get back from Maternity leave there will be no store to come back to. I keep thinking that she is running the thing into the ground. I don't even want to get into the money trouble there is. But, instead of asking for help, or getting a partner into the store, she keeps going on, and putting it all on her own shoulders. I know that for her grant she HAS to keep the store up for 2 years (due in April 2008), but it's not working. I'm not about to help her out financially, because I just can't do it (and frankly don't want to). But damn. Either put in more hours, hire someone, or call it quits. It's starting to get annoying!

Okay, enough venting. I have to go do a few more things this afternoon. Yes, I'm at work. Taking a late lunch break and getting stuff done! ARGH!

Rella

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Saturday, 16 June, 2007, Blogger dean said...

So let me get this straight: the store isn't doing well, and yet she's only working 3 days a week?

WTF?

 
At Monday, 18 June, 2007, Blogger Rella said...

You got it!

I tend to think that nobody told her that owners tend to be there ALL THE TIME during the first few years. They don't tend to take a few days off until about 10 years in... or so I've been told! But, what do I know?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home