Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Heart ramblings

Why is it that we women put our hearts on our sleeve, only to have it slapped off? You'd think that when you've had your heart crushed a few times, you wouldn't put it out there again. You'd figure that the world would be full of heartless women. Women you just don't bring home to Mama. Women that just do what we think that the male species sometimes does to us - love 'em and leave 'em.

But, that's such a HUGE generalization that I'll get slapped for it. Thankfully women aren't like that, we keep putting our hearts out there, sometimes stupidly so, if nothing else than to find someone to help us put it back together.

Then, out of the blue, someone comes and after stomping a bit, realizes that it's your heart they are stomping on, and treads a little more carefully. Really, some guys are stoopid. Some guys just don't think of the consequences of their actions - where we women think of nothing but. Go ahead, prove me wrong! Highschool, university, college, whereever it was, there was a woman who read more into what you guys said or did. A night out with the boys turned into "he doesn't want to spend time with me..." "he's looking for someone else". Crap, why do we do this to ourselves?

But then, there are those guys that are stoopid, but figure out that they can help you, they can be on your side, they can be the one to fix your heart. Then, you have figured out what love is. I know, it sounds sappy, but that's just me. You find someone that you can be "normal" with, you don't have to second guess, and after awhile of hesitating putting it all "out there" you figure that you can, and you'll be safe.

Me, I'm happy now where I am. I've found someone that will tell me point blank that I'm being an idiot, or that they don't agree with me. I don't have to worry that he doesn't want to spend time with me, or that he is "lurking" with someone else. I don't have to worry that women are hitting on him, because in reality I don't think that he would notice it unless it slapped him in the face. And if he does know, he wouldn't do a damn thing to further it!

We women are a strange lot. No wonder you guys have a heck of a time figuring us out. My advice to you? Don't be stupid, think about what you are doing, and be honest - even if it means showing off how stupid you were. And, above all, forgive us for thinking the worst. A good portion of us have had our hearts stomped on, and it's hard to put it out there and make even a small commitment without worrying what the other person is thinking.

Rella

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home