Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Hmmm....Candy vs. Carrots

Okay, so life is getting better. Things have calmed down, and I didn't get the influx of people to my house this weekend. Hal-le-lujah! I was not realy for a contingent of the family to come in and wonder about my housekeeping skills. With a 10 month old, and 3 yr old... who the heck has the time?

Kris and I were chatting after our sqarsh game today... (guess I'll won't live down 3-2 for you bud..mark it on the calendar, it won't happen often! :) ) and I keep thinking about kids, modern conveniences and the like. My Trainer's girlfriend worked at a Kid's Fit club previously, and I keeep thinking that it's great we have these facilities, but too bad that we need them. I mean really, what about taking the kids out for a walk, playing some catch, or going biking? I can't really preach much, since I'm in the middle of changing things for myself, but at least I have recognized the evil of my ways... mua-ha-ha.

A friend's daughter just had to have one of her baby teeth pulled due to too many cavities. Wow, now that's getting crazy. I don't mean the dentist, but the sweets. How many sweets do you have to have before it's just too much?! Didn't they start wondering when the cavities started piling up???

Okay, let me get off my soapbox. I know, too much is just too much. But I just feel so adamant about that subject. I'm proud to say that we don't have any candy in the house. Thankfully Easter chocolates were few and far between, and except for the few leftover M&M's used for potty bribery purposes, there isn't anything really in the house that is sweet. And, that is good for my waistline, as well as my kids. I'm not saying it's not hard. I love to give my son a treat, but I wish I could have started earlier, like my husband's friend - when he was a kid "junk food" and "treats" were baby carrots and celery. Not possible really in this day, but at least I can try to push the melons instead of the "goodies".

Well, enough of all that. I'll find another topic tomorrow.... if I can get away and write a little. It's my son's 4th Birthday! Yippee! I just hope I can find enough energy for the whole day.

EEepp.. gotta get to bed. Hubby's got that look... };)

Rella

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home