Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Men, Women, friends and sex

Okay, so I'm doing a bit of postulating here. Kris and I were reminiscing about highschool and old friends when it hit me. A comment that I heard, that I never really believed, and still wonder if it's true.

So, for you men out there.. (hello, out there..*wave wave* yeah, you) do you think that the following is true:

"A man can never have a friendship with a woman without, at some point, tossing around the idea of sleeping with her."

So, what do you think? At the time when I heard this I thought - EWW!! no way... But now many years later I wonder. Did all those male friends consider the option of sleeping with me at some point? Did they get the idea then toss it out the window - or like my friend secretly hope for something more.

And how is it with women? Well, for me.... if there isn't the initial chemistry forget sleeping with him. (Did that once, and really didn't work out) I have to have that initial bell ringing in my head before I consider a roll in the hay.

But, really for this married woman, it's all a moot point now anyway... :) 'specially the hay. Too itchy!

Happy Canada Day! you canucks!

Rella

7 Comments:

At Monday, 03 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope. I don't think guy friends haven't thought about it. Sorry. They may have decided not to go for it, but they've thought about it. And if they say they haven't, they're lying.:0

 
At Monday, 03 July, 2006, Blogger Rella said...

I really had to think this one too jen. Guys are just a whole different breed. When I first heard it, it was from a friend that I really hadn't considered dating, but his comment had told me that he had.

He was/is a deep thinker. Too deep at times - too dark.

But, now, after *cough cough* years later, I think he was right. Men are pigs, but sometimes that's the way we like 'em!

Rella

 
At Monday, 03 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I tried to post earlier, and Blogger ate me. (And it wasn't fun, either.)

Just agreed with Jen -- they ALL think it. The only things that change are the circumstances, and whether or not it's just a passing thing that's never again revisited, or whether it becomes a regular occurrence.

I really, really believe that they all get the idea. It seems to be male human nature. *g* I'll tread these waters on the Blog tommorrow. :) See what we can stir up.

 
At Monday, 03 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And apparently, I can't freakin' spell, either.

*siiiiiiiigh*

 
At Tuesday, 04 July, 2006, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

First time I heard that line was in "When Harry Met Sally" - and ever since, every guy I've asked has said...yeah, sex is foremost, even as they're becoming friends. They said they fantasize about it, even if they know neither they nor the girl will make a move for it.

And then a good friend (male, of course) told me that most men, no matter where they live, have a redneck's philosophy of life: if they can't eat it, fight it, or f*** it, then piss on it. My friend says it's inbred since man first picked up a club, walked upright, and lived in a cave.

Life has never been the same since I heard those words - lol.

 
At Wednesday, 05 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*smirks at Sunny Lyn's comments*

Ha. TOLD ya, Rell. ;)

 
At Tuesday, 29 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rella. I'm reading some of your old posts. And if you get email notification without clear indication of which post, it's the "Men, Women, Friends, and Sex" post.

Answer: yes. Every time. Doesn't matter one teensy bit what she looks like, either. It's hardwired, impossible to NOT think about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home