Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Friday, May 19, 2006

Deep Breath...

Okay, I'm just sitting on pins and needles. Don't ask me why, I just AM! Really, it makes no sense, but... I promised my son (age 4) that we would be going to the circus tonight. Man, did his eyes light up. And a few days ago my hubby told me that he would be heading 2 hours out of the city ON CIRCUS DAY to do some on-site work. That really wouldn't be so bad, but did I mention that we are a 1 car family???

So, I'm just freaking out, hoping that my hubby can make it in time for the circus. As a backup plan I picked up an extra adult ticket (buy 1 get 1 free, and I had to pick up 3 anyway) This way Mummi (Finn word for Grandma) can come along to, and if necessary, drive us there.

So, backup plan in place, no problems right??? Well, yes, and no. Whenever I do something like this, SOMETHING backfires on me. So, it's raining, and we can't walk there (although it's close enough, but just too far for rain + little boy + crazy drivers . So, now I'm flippin, hoping that it all works out. Tickets in purse, camera by the door, car seats from wonderful sister about to be delivered... it should go smoothly. Okay Murphy (Murphy's Law), work with me, not against!

Here's hoping it's a good circus, not too expensive, and the weekend works out. I'll relax when it's all over!

For those Canuks out there - have a good weekend.
For Kris - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
For Hubby - get home soon!

Rella

1 Comments:

At Monday, 22 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rella. Thanks for visiting my blog.

I read your sex/anatomy/dust bunnies post (I'll always read posts with "sex" in the title). Reminded me of a med student whom I supervised during my internship. I asked him to put a urinary catheter in a woman who was going in for surgery that night (appendectomy) but he kept screwing up, kept putting it in her vagina and not her urethra. I was a prick about it -- those were rough times, and I had little patience for anyone who couldn't carry their weight. Anyway, I accused him of being a virgin. And I think I was right.

Flash forward a few years. I was telling this story to a friend of mine, a woman who'd married another friend of mine. Her reply: "Some guys never learn."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home