Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thursday Thirteen - Food to try or avoid?

I'm ready for sushi I tell ya. Been thinking about it ever since my trainer mentioned it to me last week. I've tried the supermarket variety at somebody's party, but I can't say that I've been to a real sushi restaurant. It kinda freaks me out, but not really. I mean, I've been eating salted salmon since I was a kid - and yes, it's raw. I don't think that I can make a 13 out of this (although I'll try).

13 odd foods (or food combos).5 that I've tried and 8 I want to try.

1. Salted Salmon sandwiches. Let me tell ya - YUM. If you are of Finnish decent you really know what I'm talking about! They are the first to go at any gathering - and I saw one guy try one, and left the rest on the plate when he didn't like it! A Travesty!!!

2. Pickled Pigs Feet. I don't want to even think about the calorie count on this one - but it was something that my grandmother and I sat around the kitchen counter and ate for a treat! Go figure!

3. Crocodile - okay, maybe alligator, and it was at a large chain restaurant during their Cajun time. They were good.

4. Octopus - okay, so who hasn't had this?

5. Potato Chips and Mayo. My hubby looks at me like I'm nuts. I don't have it often - but I like it!!

6. Mussels. I add this to the list because I've met lots of people who don't even want to try!
7. Escargots. Again, same as 6.
8. Cow's Tongue. My dad's decicacy. Yuck!
-------what I want to try--------

9. Sushi. This isn't odd, but something I want to try.
10. BBQ'ed Bananas. Love BBQ, love bananas. Gotta be a good combo.
11. Haggis - again, not wierd, but I want to try the authentic stuff.

Okay, I'm two away from 13. So, add to my list. What should I try? What should be on my list to try, or even avoid??

Rella

4 Comments:

At Thursday, 25 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd vote for avoiding headcheese.

Nope, never had it, but the thought of it just makes me squicky.

Oh, and I really, really want to do sushi, too. Soon. And when are we going to see X:3?

Can you tell I'm suffering from cabin fever???

 
At Monday, 29 May, 2006, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

#6 & # 9 I've had, at the same harbor restaurant in DC, and you're safe there. I'd had sushi before, but it's better if you get it on the east coast as opposed to the midwest, IMO - LOL. Real sushi with wasabi - mmm. The only pieces I didn't eat were the mackerel, because it just looked too greasy for my palate.

 
At Tuesday, 30 May, 2006, Blogger Rella said...

Hmm.. well, sushi is on it's way... sometime. Sorry Kris. Maybe end of the week?

Lyn: Went on my honeymoon to the east coast of Canada. LOVED the food. Fresh seafood almost every day. No sushi, but lobster, mussels, crab, and HUGE (crap, I've lost the word for it.. big white circular things that are tender and yummy!) OH well. Brain freeze..

Rella

 
At Tuesday, 30 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehehe.

Scallops, perhaps?? ;)

No worries about sushi. The trick will be finding a night to go get some... *siiiiigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home