Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

F*#k it, and go boxing!

Okay, I went boxing. I ditched the meeting that I wasn't prepared for anyway, and boxed my night away. It's very freeing. I even got to spar with a guy. Now, that's cool. He takes it easy on me, then I let him have it. I mean, we were only doing drills, but I think that he underestimated me. No, he wasn't being nice because I was new... oh, maybe he was. But I tell ya, I love it none the less.

The instructor commented on me hitting hard. Hey, if you are going to hit, I say hit hard - make it count. I mean, I don't plan on being a professional boxer, but if I ever use this for self-defense (heaven forbid), I won't know how many shots I'll get it - so I have to make 'em count. Plus, it burns more energy! :)

On the losing weight front, things are going well, but not as fast as I'd like them to. I'm considering doing some sort of boxing or something regularly - in addition to my regular personal trainer gym sessions. I mean, I have to increase the energy output to make things happen. God, it's frustrating. I can only say that I've lost 18 pounds in total - that's from March. Things are not going that well. Only a few more pounds until 20, but I'm working for ever last one of them! ARGH!

Oh, to wish for that magic pill, but that's not possible, so I have to work it like crazy. Well, maybe I'll find some boxing somewhere. I don't mind the kickboxing, but I'd like to do something else with my Saturday mornings... we'll see what happens.

Rella

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home