Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Dating, then and now.. (*notwhat you think)

Ther are some things that I would rather really leave behind in highschool. My bad hair back then, my reputation (not going there), and my taste in clothes. That time just belongs back in the past.

There is one thing that keeps me just annoyed with myself. My attempts in expanding my circle of friends. Back in highschool it wasn't easy to find a group of friends that you fit in with, but really, when you found them, you know that group would back you up. Your circle grew based on who your friends knew - especially from other schools. Rarely did new people get mixed into the group unless a new person started at your school.

So, that's how I feel now. My group of friends keeps getting smaller, and no matter what the attempt, I feel knocked down at every turn. I saw a TV sitcom about this a while back. Couple A was looking to expand their circle of friends, and started "dating" other couples. You call and ask "can you make it out for dinner" all the while wondering if they will dump you for another couple.

Believe me, it wasn't easy dating back then, and it certainly isn't easy expanding your circle of friends when you are older. I guess to some it just comes naturally, but I can't seem to find that niche I guess.

So, here I sit, thwarted yet again. Somedays I don't think it's even worth trying. But I'll try... again... someday. Maybe an end of summer BBQ... Yep, you are all invited... :)

Rella

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home