Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11, 2001

I was driving by myself. About 1 hour into a 3 hour drive. I was listening to CBC radio, when they interrupted the "regular program" to broadcast what was going on. I don't think that I even remember the actual drive, just the feelings after hearing what was going on. I remember the chaos that the announcers were talking about, and I just couldn't imagine even being there. I checked into my hotel room and quickly turned on the TV. I couldn't believe that what they were describing on radio was actually true.

I was also pregnant, only a few months by then, but I was really thinking about what kind of world I was bringing my child into. Would it be the beginning of the end for humanity. Was I bringing my child into a world where I would never see him/her grow up in.

Now, 2 kids later I still wonder if I will see them grow up. I wonder how "big brother" will affect them as they grow up. I wonder if ever we will find the utopia that Star Trek predicted, or if we will only have a paranoid world where everyone is cautious and plays with their cards close to their body.

Rella

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home