Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

The end is near....

Well, okay, not really the end, but the end of a weekend. It's been crazy - mother-in-law visit. Apple Pie making Day, Hubby's BDay party. Just crazy. Not to mention the insomnia, and working until Midnight on Friday night. Crazy.

This is one evening that I will enjoy, and be happy to see Monday morning come. I know, I'm nuts! :)

But, the highlight of the weekend was probably Apple Pie making day. Yes, it's an annual event, where 4 friends (2 couples) get together, and try to make as many pies as possible in an afternoon. This year, we must have set a record or something. 51 pies! Yes, you heard it - 51!! Well, divide that in 2, subtract the odd pie, and 2 more for a friend's parents. 24 pies for each house. I could give a pie away every second week - or eat one.

My husband went to the basement to start putting these pies away into the freezer. Wouldn't you know it, 2 pies were still there from last year. November 2005. Okay, so maybe we weren't eating them fast enough - but then again, we are a month early! :)

So, anyone for some pie? Guess what we are having for a snack tonight? Popcorn. I don't want to see another pie for awhile! :)

Rella

2 Comments:

At Monday, 02 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frankly, I think you guys are slightly certifiable.

But that doesn't mean I'm not hoping that you'll share a slice. :D

 
At Tuesday, 03 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is slightly certifiable anything like slightly pregnant? I did not realize there were multiple degrees of certifiableness.

jmr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home