Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Non-verbal commuication between the sexes

My hubby had actually posted a good post on his website today. He talked about non-verbal communication, and how he had enough with it all. It was all in reference to a book at I'm currently reading: The Blond Geisha by Jina Bacarr

In it, there is a teahouse (home of the geishas), called the Teahouse of the look-back tree. I told my husband about how it's a nice reference to a woman leaving her lover, and then turning around at a specific tree, to take one last look at him, and give him one last look at her. It's a very nice scene. My husband, took it another way, and said, that while the woman would be giving her lover one last look, maybe he would take it to mean that he had had a change of heart, and it was a hesitation.

So, there starts the argument/conversation about nonverbal communication. He has had enough with non-verbal communication. How hints and looks can mean certain things. And how he's going to toally ignore the non-verbal stuff because he always gets it wrong. What is the point of trying to decipher non-verbal hints and inferences, without the possibility of someone getting hurt? - so forget it.

I countered... Woman wish that her lover/partner could understand the non-verbal stuff, although in reality very few men do.... but that doesn't stop us from wanting it. How often do romance novels (and other media for that matter), include looks and arched eyebrows, and dammit, just plain hints at certain things that you would like. It's awful to think that you have to verbalize everything. But, life goes on, reality hits, and woman end up having to verbalize things that they wish their partners would pick up on. Flowers when you aren't feeling well... Cologne purchased and worn when a woman comments that some men smell great... just stupid little things.

Little things like the italian charm bracelet that I've been wearing for a year now. My birthday, mother's day, our anniversary, all passed by... and I've bought 3 charms for myself. And I have all of 4 charms on it... (first one was from Kris).

Maybe that ticked him off... who knows, but he removed the post. I tried just to bring out the female side of things...Yes, a generalization, but what the hell.

So, that (in a round-about way) brings me to the end of my post, and a question. Are you the kind of person that likes non-verbal communication? Do you need a hit over the head to see the non-verbal stuff, so you've given up? You know what I think... Are you a guy, and just don't get it? Or, do you give it a shot?

Maybe I'm just talking to myself here... but I'd like to know. (sorry for the half-ass post, but I had to get it off my chest)

Rella

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home