Ramblings of a Possessed Homebody

Ramblings of a woman, going crazy, slowly... completely...deeply insane!

Saturday, November 11, 2006

I'm dreaming of a white..... driveway!

I should have seen it coming! I mean, when you see a snowplow driving the streets, and it's not snowing... yo u know it. He's doing a dry (literally) run of his route. And, any sign of snowplows means SNOW! So, yes, we got hit. I went to put the cat out last night at 4AM (read: stupid cat) and wondered if we had left the porch light on. No. It was the street light reflecting from at least 8 inches of snow. I kid you not!

So, with me having to run to work this morning, the family was left to shovel the driveway. My son loved it... kidlet #2 wasn't so happy. Maybe has to do something with the fact that her snowsuit is too big. Oh well.

So, now, here I am, waiting for the hordes of people to start showing up (not holding my breath till noon). I mean, if I feel like shopping for Christmas stuff right now, you know others are doing likewise. What is it about snow that makes you think - Christmas. At least for us up here in the land of snow! Forget California and the like (yes Doug, this is you). I mean... Santa in swimtrunks? Yikes!

I'm a good Scandinavian girl, and I'm used to celebrating Christmas on the 24th - we actually get to see Santa as he drops by with the gifts. We did Christmas in Florida one year. And seeing Santa sweat like crazy in his velvet suit, then dashing to the swimming pool, just didn't say "Christmas" to me. I dunno. I'm a purist at heart I guess.

Well, that's it for me. I've got to get a few things done before the throngs of people shovel themselves out of this mess.

Ciao
Rella

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home